In the Euro-zone since 2008, the Republic of Malta has developed into a high profile international and financial business centre within the European Union and now provide an attractive base for international financial and business operations, e-commerce and e-gaming operators trading via Malta registered international trading companies. Malta's rate of corporate tax can be as low as 5% for properly structured companies.
Main features of The International Holding Company
- Generous Tax exemptions (5% Tax on profits from trading activities of the Malta Company. Full exemption on participating holdings)
- No withholding taxes, stamp duties or exchange control restrictions apply on distribution of profits from the Maltese Company to non resident shareholders, and these dividends can be expatriated without any restrictions.
- Highest level of privacy protection
- Limited liability with minimal paid up capital requirement for the Maltese Company
- Business can be conducted internationally, and with minimal changes through the Malta Company
- Companies registered in Malta are considered resident in Malta.
- Non-residents are freely entitled to hold shares or office in a Malta Company
- Annual and general meetings of the Maltese Company may be held outside Malta
- Malta Companies may hold funds in banks outside Malta.
- Companies can be re-domiciled to Malta
Financial Statements need to be lodged with the tax authorities in Malta and with the Company Registry and the accounts of the holding company need to be audited.
The Register of Shareholders and the Register of Directors must be kept in Malta.
Please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss matters in greater detail.